Future of Urban Mobility
The Schaeffler Bio-Hybrid is a pedal-assist light electric vehicle.
The Bio‑Hybrid stands for a new, contemporary form of personal urban mobility and means of transportation. Schaeffler coined the term “Bio-Hybrid” back in 2016 as a vision for urban mobility of the future. The four-wheeled light electric vehicle is scheduled to go into series production at the end of 2020.
The light electric vehicle is equipped with a roof and windscreen and is open at the sides. The Passenger version is a box body with a capacity of 1,500 litres while the pickup variant has an open cargo area. According to the manufacturer, the modular design of the cargo version also enables special applications, such as coffee bars or refrigerated trucks. Apart from such special applications, the Bio-Hybrid can score particularly well in passenger transport, in factory and campus fleets and courier and parcel services.
Features of the Bio-Hybrid
- Safe: Higher road safety compared to bicycles.
- Eco-friendly: Low noise and zero emissions.
- Space-saving: Travels also on bikeways (depending on laws and regulations in local markets), requires minimal parking space.
- Modular: Quick-change artist with versatile options.
- Lifestyle: New form of modern transportation in urban areas.
- Connected: WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, 4G and App.
The Bio-Hybrid comes with two 250W motors and provides support up to 25 km/h. The 48 V battery has a capacity of 1.2 kWh giving the Bio-Hybrid a range of 50 km. A second similar battery is optional to extend the range to 100 km. The LEV weights 100 kilograms and has a width of 794 mm.
To check complete technical specifications of the two versions of Bio-Hybrid or to know how to get one for yourself, you may visit their official website.