Amazon affiliate commission rate cuts
Lower commissions from your affiliate link sales across several product categories.
The Amazon Associates program is set to cut commission rates for furniture and home improvement products from 8% to 3% and for grocery products to just 1%, down from 5%, CNBC first reported Tuesday. Everyday item categories will be especially hard hit, with Grocery, Health & Personal Care and Amazon Fresh to see commission rates whacked down to just 1%.
The product category rate changes are as follows:
- Furniture, Home, Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden, Pets Products and Pantry will go from 8% to 3%.
- Headphones, Beauty, Musical Instruments, Business & Industrial supplies will go from 6% to 3%.
- Outdoors, Tools will be cut from 5.5% to 3%.
- Sports and Baby Products categories will go from 4.5% to 3%.
- Health & Personal Care will be slashed from 5% to 1%.
- Amazon Fresh will be cut from 3% to just 1% as well.
These strong cuts will have a powerful impact on everyone who works in the commission shopping program, both individuals and companies.
As many people depend on marketing for Amazon products, many of them were able to make great profits, but today Amazon has abandoned them.
Do you think that Amazon is going to cancel this program in the future and that it does not need someone to market its products because it's the biggest commercial site in the world or does it want to introduce more profits to its company by reducing commission rates?
Share your opinion via comments