Free Course - Innovation From Plan to Product
Learn how to build an innovative business model using the most effective tools
Free Course / Self-Paced / Started on January 14, 2020
Learn how to build an innovative business model using the most effective tools, including forecasting, prototyping, financial modeling and customer discovery.
About this course
Business models are regarded as a form of innovation and not merely just a vehicle for commercialization. In this course, students will learn about multiple business model innovation avenues and metrics for assessing on-going market fit and sustainability.
This course introduces an evidence-based approach to innovation management with the aim of providing students with the capability to understand the strategic value of information and the tools and techniques that can be used to analyze and use that information to improve decision-making. Tools include customer discovery, prototyping, financial modelling, business plans and forecasts.
Students will learn how to apply the most effective tools in developing sustainable business models by exploiting viable, validated opportunities in rapidly changing environments where traditional strategic management approaches are less effective.
What you'll learn
- How design techniques can help businesses to develop market-relevant ideas,
- How to use financial decision-making techniques to improve innovation outcomes,
- Adapt and apply strategic and operational management frameworks and tools necessary for innovation leadership,
- Overview of planning and problem solving methods,
- Relationship between and use of business models and business plans.